1. Theres not any writing piece in particular that stand out to me. I mostly just like elaborating on proverbs or writing in the style of William H. McRaven. With that being said, theres a few lessons I talk about in my writing and posts. How a sword is forged was my first lesson, I think, I wrote about. A sword is not forged without first being dipped into fire and getting beat on. Its a good lesson, because even though we have bad times, it only makes us stronger. At the end of all that torture, youll become a sword, and you will have become better because of it. 2. During the quarter, I finished the best book ive ever read. Fearless: Adam Brown. Adam Brown started off his life in a small town in Arkansas, with a loving family, and two siblings. He never gave anything up and he always put on his best manners when he was in public. Later in life, he meets a girl who is addicted to crack, who ends up getting Adam addicted to it. Adam began stealing to support his drug addic...
I Am I am not a big man. I am not the person I thought I would be. I am not complacent because of my humility, and although I strive to be humble, I am not perfect. And although I am not perfect, my actions are just, and I know what I must do. I am humble because the family, that I love, has taught me humility. I am watching myself grow up, remembering my old trains and toy cars, seeing giant buildings and cloudless summer nights. I am my father. Smart, insightful, and gentle. I am my mother, whether I like it or not, I am stubborn and passionate. I am humble because the world hurts sometimes. I am not a big man in stature, but I am running when I feel like walking. A sword never gets stronger without getting beat on, and dipped into fire. I am learning to use the hand that was dealt, I know it's what I must do. I am building my future despite my past, and thats what makes a sword strong. I am following my path that...
This is a very peaceful poem, and I like it. The cadence reminds me of the gentle rocking of a boat.
ReplyDelete